Under close supervision, perform routine entry level accounting duties for the logistics department.
- The individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily for a successful job performance. Other minor duties might be assigned and may vary by location.
- Performing different types of clerical bookkeeping and accounting tasks, applying accepted procedures to the maintenance and preparation of accounting and other records, also preparing financial, statistical or technical reports.
- Receiving and processing invoices for payments.
- Reconciling vendor payment accounts.
- Verifying computer printouts reflecting status of accounts.
- Issues checks from departmental accounts.
- Prepares and mails bills or statements or prepares lists of outstanding bills payable.
- Computes and records charges, refunds, or cost of lost or damaged goods.
Reasonable accommodations may be made just to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ethical Conduct
- Financial Management
- Technical Capacity
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Solution Orientation
- Strategic Thinking
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The operation of this job is in a clerical office setting. Standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, phones filing cabinets and fax machines are used in this role routine
- Be able to understand and apply written and verbal work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Be able to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Position is in a busy, non-smoking office
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by an elevator
- Ability to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- CMOC South Africa promotes a alcohol/drug/ free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Weekends Evening work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to demonstrate our core values of honesty, fairness, respect, trust, and integrity
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupation safety and hazards and precautions
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or closely related area
- SAP experience
- Fluency in French or Mandarin
CMOC International is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an employee or application on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances.